[ncdnhc-discuss] Board Positions on .ORG

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Apr 4 08:46:26 CEST 2002

>Adam:
>It's interesting to read these comments.
>
>What Andrew McLaughlin said to the Board was perfectly
>consistent with what he said to those of us involved.
>He correctly represented the NC Task Force report -
>that it only permitted, not recommended, use of
>surplus funds for other things. He expressed concerns about
>subjective criteria and asked for the noncommercial community
>broadly and the NCDNHC to provide guidance to the Board in
>making such a selection.
>
>Various people were taking steps to do develop a
>coordinated Noncommercial effort to provide guidance
>to the Board.

Seems to me that this ties to one of Amadeu's questions (roughly,
what is this policy body thing and what is its purpose?)

Perhaps trying to answer that question and addressing the concerns
raised by Louis and Andrew might be helpful?  Answers from the Task
Force members collectively (you have the expertise and by all
accounts worked well together) with support of the names council
might be very useful in clearing up misunderstandings.

Or you might feel it's a waste of time to try. And I wouldn't blame
you if you did...

Thanks,

Adam