[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution passed at Montevideo

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Mon Sep 24 16:09:53 CEST 2001

Milton Mueller wrote:

> The following resolution was passed by a vote of
> 22 in favor, 1 against, at Montevideo.
>
> The vote was held immediately after Carl Bildt and
> two other members of the At-Large study committee
> held a half-hour discussion with the constituency
> members on their report.
>
> =====
> Non-Commercial Constituency Resolution
> on At-Large Study Committee proposals
> Montevideo- September 7, 2001
>
> Whereas:
>
> The existence of nine publicly elected At-Large
> Directors on the Board of the Internet Corporation for
> Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is a fundamental
> element of ICANN's structural balance, and a valuable
> avenue for input from a wide range of stakeholders in
> ICANN's decisions; and
>
> Various proposals being considered by the ICANN At-
> Large Study Committee may alter or even eliminate the
> guarantee of nine At-Large Directors and ICANN public
> elections,
>
> Resolved,
> ICANN should set aside at least 9 publicly elected At-
> Large seats on its 19-member Board of Directors.

-
I am doing the same comment as for the other MV resolution:

I cannot support such resolution, as it is, since the recitals are not
neutral. Therefore, the outcome is not targeted properly, and rely
mostly on the primarly reaction to some magic ideal figures.

Dany

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE