[ncdnhc-discuss] Names council candidates

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Mon Sep 10 17:06:00 CEST 2001

Dear Kent,

I want to point out only one thing.
I am not talking about who is accountable or not.
I am talking whether ICANN is accountable as a whole or not.
And if it is to be accountable as a whole, I am asking what is to be done.

> ALL board members, with the exception of the original board, are elected
> and accountable, and are CURRENTLY in the majority.  There were 9
> original directors, there are 19 now, only 4 of the 19 are from that
> original 9.  ELECTED directors completely control the board.
>
> There is absolutely nothing clear or obvious about the voting base of
> the At-Large directors.  You don't know anything at all about them; you
> do know a great deal more about the voting base of the SO-elected
> directors.
>
> Nope.  At-large directors are LESS accountable than SO elected
> directors.  The at-large directors were elected by an electorate that
> almost certainly simply doesn't understand what is going on.

> > If it is called as bias(?), it is indispendable bias.
> > Why are you afraid of that? As one consumer, I am not afraid of arguing
> > my rights against commercial bias.
>
> You are in a tiny minority, then.  *Most* people have to work for a
> living at some commercial endeavor or another.

Unfortunately your guess is wrong. I am also working person living by my
labor and only a volunteer in PeaceNet. So, I am a consumer and producer,
but I don't use such an weird expression like commercial consumer.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr