[ncdnhc-discuss] Names council candidates

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Mon Sep 10 14:25:54 CEST 2001

Dear Alejandro, Dany and Kent,

In reading your emails, I could understand what could make people
confused. Generally speaking, when we use the term of consumer, we use the
term as one role in economy. As such, we use the term of producer when we
talk about economic aspects. This basically assumes that all people is
consumers as well as producers.  I don't know why I should explain this
common sense, but....

When we use the term of at large members, it has the same dimension of the
meaning. Here, the term of individual is different from people or human
beings in general. In this context, individuals are defined as consumers
or customers against providers. It simply means role or status in social
relations. Hence, even though somebody could work in American Online,
he/she could become an at large member as one individual user, as one
internet user, as one consumer, as one customer, but not as an American
Online worker.  And at large director is the representative of those
users, not people who are working in their work place.

I hope this discussion could help to understand the concept of at large
member.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr