[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: NCDNHC solicitation of candidate views

David Corish corish at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 00:51:49 CEST 2001

Amadeu,

I also have a few questions, if you would be so kind to answer.  I am a
typical netizen, not very well prepared to discuss tech issues.  However, I
fully understand the TLD selection process, including the now infamous
"sunrise".

1.    What do you say to those netizens now victims to massive fraud and
insider dealings (registry and registars) because of and during the Sunrise
Period for .info?  Remember, the Directors forced this issue down our
throats last year.  As a follow-up question, are you even aware at the scope
of the mess, including the resignation of Robert Connelly?

2.   Should those who predicted the current debacles (including problems
from sunrise) be included within ICANN's structure?  After all, it's obvious
the Staff and Directors did not predict this mess.   Is the BoD taking steps
to include these prophetic individuals in future ICANN decisions?  Why are
the individuals who screamed "fire" last year still shunned by ICANN?  Why
are the individuals responsible for a terrible internet tragedy still
advising you and making decisions for the Directors.

3.  If Vint Cerf is the "father of the internet", has he abandoned his
children and moved in with mistress IPC?

4. When you see other Directors making stupid mistakes (like Esther Dyson's
handling of the November 2000 meetings) why do you remain silent?    And in
case you don't remember, one stupid mistake was praising Afilias's business
model.

5.  Is the "NO" rubber stamp still in the Reconsideration Committee's
office?  Does Hans keep in with him at all times?  Seriously, we need to
know this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.  Yes, it would be nice if you answered all
of my questions.  Please don't judge my questions, just answer them.  After
all, I am an At Large Member (for who knows how long).    I am a chandelier
manufacturer, and it seems every decision ICANN makes concerning new TLD's
negatively impacts my ability to compete on the web.

David Corish
AT LARGE MEMBER #210764