[ncdnhc-discuss] [Preparation] Only "Six weeks" left before LA ICANN Meeting

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Sat Sep 29 10:12:41 CEST 2001

Dear members,

After folloiwing 15 messages under this "No new LA Agenda" title
in the list, it was noticed that there were ten messages concerning in
overrided ICANN agenda by ICANN staff without community
consultation or mission creep and five messages supporting ICANN's
changes which was the result of the recent terror attack in the States.

Even though I sympathize with the knee-jerk response to the recent
tragedy in the States, I also believe that ICANN should function as
"International Body" as designed and missioned when it was created.

Michael Froomkin wrote:
> 3. It is appropriate for our leaders to complain that they and we were not
> consulted, and therefore there is no documented consensus in this group to
> support this high-handed, almost panic-driven, action.

As requested, this view will be forwarded to the NC following Milton's
opinion. I am doing this as elected NC member.

> 4. It is appropriate for members of this constituency to discuss what view
> if any we collectively hold, in the hopes of forming a consensus.  In the
> absence of one, however, items can go onto the agenda at the staff's
> behest, but it is wrong for them to take off major items.

If possible, it would be appreciated to come up with timeframe. We
do have around 40 days, which is very challenging time frame.

Oct. 1 Mon(Six weeks in advance)

Oct. 22. Mon(Three weeks in advance)
Final cut-date off for accepting resolutions of NCDNHC.

Nov. 12. Mon Constituency Meeting

Regards,
YJ