[ncdnhc-discuss] Who will run .us?

Jonathan Weinberg weinberg at mail.msen.com
Mon Oct 22 15:49:12 CEST 2001

         Hold on; this is confusing.  The .US domain was created in 1985;
NSI wasn't around yet.  NSI signed its cooperative agreement with NSF in
1993, but I don't see anything in that document relating to the
administration of .US (which is unsurprising, since afaik administration of
the domain continued seamlessly at ISI during that period).  So when does
Joe say NSI became the delegee of .US, and can he point to a document
setting that out?  (Have I missed something in the cooperative-agreement
materials?)

         (Apologies to all of you outside the United States for whom this
is a less than fascinating issue . . . )

Jon