[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 17 18:59:44 CEST 2001

On 06:24 17/10/01, Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM said:
>I'm coming back to the dot-org divestiture *proposed* resolution.
>It would be helpful if an idea were provided as to the nature of the
>proposed sponsoring organization which can be of the liking of the present
>NCDNHC and functional too.

Dear Alejandro,
this is the proper point. Wishes have no real impact. If we intent is to
have a non-profit organisation taking over we have to get real and tell
who, how.

The following scheme seems realistic to me.

1. a bootstrap committee is created as a NonComm hosted WG.
2. a letter of intent is sent to the ICANN about the creation of TLD.ORG as
a non profit consortium conforming to RFC 920. This letter would ask for
ICANN assistance in the process of the TLD.ORG consortium set-up and a loan
for the proposition set-up.
3. all the .org registrants would be informed by that bootstrap of the
intent to create a TLDManager as a non profit association of the .org
Registrants and that they will decide of the future of their TLD.
4. to incorporate that TLD.ORG with a TLD.ORG/GA selecting an initial BoD.
5. that TLD.ORG/BoD to present three operation plans to the comments from
the registrants: one where the operations are delegated to NSI, one where
the operations are delegated on an RFP, one where the operations are
organized by a team hired by the consortium and taking over progressively
from NSI.
6. the schemes to be reveiwed by the DNSO and endorsed by the ICANN BoD,
redelegating .org to the TLD.ORG consortium on such premises. The loan to
be paid back on the NSI M$ 5.
7. To get the TLD.ORG BoD elected, it to review the three projects, have
one selected by the Registrants and implementated.

Jefsey