[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ga] Comments from JPNIC and JPRS

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 8 07:09:48 CEST 2001

Dear Alejandro,
I am sorry, I do not invoke the authority of Jun Murai. I am only glad to
eventualy hear for the first time in 23 years someone competent holding on
the USG network side a realistic language. This is a chance for us all to
save time and money.

On 01:16 08/10/01, Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM said:
>Jefsey,
>it is great news that you invoke Jun Murai's authority in favor of ICANN
>coordination of gTLDs and invoke his note, clearly written against the
>proliferation of alternative roots.

I am not interested in Jun's motivation. I only note a correct
evaluation of a problem created by the ICANN to the Internet
community.

>I fail to see how a careful, objective reader can extract any
>other conclusions on alternative roots from the letter you kindly
>brought back into circulation (notwithstanding whatever other
>thought he/she may have on the matter).

Jun assesses correctly:
- the problem comes from the ICANN
- the problem could be solved by the ICANN
- there is an urgency in doing it.

>Otherwise, I guess we are all in favor of streamlining
>procedures and evaluating processes and outcomes.

You perfecly know that we are all in favor of nothing
at all, and that "alternative (sic) roots" proceed from that.
this is Jun first observation.

You perfectly know that evaluating processes and
outcomes are a way to refuse the streamlining
"procedure" of the RFC 920.

>So much so that a task force convened
>by ICANN is working on the subject!

I suppose this is humour?