[ncdnhc-discuss] TLDs not created by ICANN: the purposes of raising concerns

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Oct 7 19:15:20 CEST 2001

At 10:03 AM 10/7/2001, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> > Marc, if you are going to make assumptions about what is technically
> > feasible,
>
>I wasn't at all.

ahh.  sorry, I thought the problem was that you lacked
facts.  unfortunately, the problem is deeper than that.  you apparently do
not understand the nature of the comments you are making.

> <http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-unique-assign-01.txt>
> >
> > To the extent that you disagree with the technical statements in that
> > draft, explanations of its errors would be quite helpful.
>
>It has no bearing upon the matter brought up by Vany Martinez to whom
>I replied. Different topic.

It is only and exactly the same topic.

> > >Why do you not worry about the legitimicy of ICANN? Work on that, and
> > >people will be happy to participate in the ICANN process.
> >
> > An extensive history offers facts that disagree with both of your
> > assertions.
>
>Historical facts do not exist. All history is (re)construction.

Well, let's skip over the silliness of such a statement:  Current facts
disagree with both of your assertions.

> > >Repeating this often does not make it true.
> >
> > That is correct.  It is true because it is true.  It is a technical
> reality.
>
>Is it? Of course coordination is a good thing. But why by ICANN?

If one cares about getting the work done, rather than pursuing endless
debate, then one needs to accept certain realities and move on from there.

d/