[ncdnhc-discuss] Names Council Task Force ORG policy

Norbert Klein norbert at forum.org.kh
Fri Oct 5 04:44:47 CEST 2001

Adam,

do you have any example of what you would suggest in terms of "some kind
of restriction"? I cannot imagine of any which would not require the
setting up of a rather cumbersome mechanism to monitor or supervise
compliance, and I understand from many former voices - also my own in
Montevideo - that this would just be too complicated if we want to have a
fairly open situation, where many on the present users - to give some
examples beyond NGOs:  the UN agencies, the National Assembly of Cambodia
etc. - would continue to feel welcome. Look at RFC 1591 about .org: at
present it is pretty "everything" open for .org.

Norbert
Open Forum of Cambodia

==