[ncdnhc-discuss] proposed resolution on sec&stab.

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Wed Oct 3 22:24:58 CEST 2001

Dear Michael,

in the proposed resolution I am assuming the strengths of the Internet, in
particular as regards security and stability, including of course its
distributed nature.

You are right in that I do not mean to imply that "everything must be done
yesterday". We are offering our expertise, more than demanding the
impossible.

Data escrow has enjoyed priority (ie importance) and now it should also
get prelation (ie moved forward on the short-term action list), ikn the
opinion of many. Thorough, integral analysis of the DNS and IP allocation
systems (etc.!) are called for, and that should be a main source for
identifying the specific threats you refer to. A number have already been
identified in public and I am sure that a few more will be in the open as
soon as people feel confident of discussing them.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org