[ncdnhc-discuss] No new LA agenda

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Wed Oct 3 11:35:20 CEST 2001

Milton Mueller wrote:

> Most of the real security issues are technical ones regarding the
> implementation of certain protocols or procedures. And most of them
> involve actions that must be taken by the operators of NAME SERVERS -
> that is, over 600,000 independent operators and ISPs around
> the world. Including root-servers - which are not even operated by
> ICANN. There is very little DNSO or NCDNHC can contribute to
> this.
>
> Nevertheless, if any member wants to submit a substantive
> proposal on security, it will enjoy the same rights of getting on the
> agenda as any other resolution or proposal. But it will be interesting
> to see if there is any substance to this call to "discuss security." I will
> look forward, Vany, to your technical proposal to increase the
> stability and robustness of DNS. I would first suggest you propose it to
> the IETF.
>
> I can guarantee you that as an Adcom member we are not going
> to give priority on the agenda to open-ended discussions of ill-defined
> topics.
-
Milton,
You should keep your calm and famous objectivity. NCDNHC discussion is
not as emotional as you show yourself.
This last remark goes far beyond your AdCom mandate, and I am sure that
it goes also beyond you are going to perform really, as a duly elected
AdCom member, isn't it?
>From that, we have just understood that you are not personnally
interested by discussing about security concerns within the NCDNHC.
Let's hear others!
Dany
-

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE