[ncdnhc-discuss] Limit email sending....

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Nov 27 23:27:18 CET 2001

No way, thanks, that "solution" destroys the whole point of
the posting limit. And I am not going to waste
time trying to decide what is a "reply" and what is
not. The simpler the rule, the better.
--MM

>>> Kent Crispin <kent at songbird.com> 11/27/01 04:13PM >>>
There is a simple rule that addresses this, I think: single level
replies are not counted.  That is, if someone posts a question, and
someone else posts a reply, the reply is not counted as part of the 2
messages.  If, however, it is a reply to a reply, or a reply to a reply
to a reply, etc, it is counted.

As you note, it is sometimes the case where a single person will receive
multiple questions; it is reasonable to let them reply to each one.
Indeed, they could wait a day, and reply to all of them in a single
message, but that is tedious.  I don't think this should only be
restricted to adcom -- anyone may be in a position of having useful
knowledge that others may want to know.