[ncdnhc-discuss] Limit email sending....

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Nov 27 19:31:15 CET 2001

At 07:24 PM 11/27/2001 +0100, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, at 10:20 [=GMT-0800], Dave Crocker wrote:
> > At 06:49 PM 11/27/2001 +0100, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> > >So, what Dave, do you propose? Or are you just angry?
> > As to what I am suggesting, please re-read my note.  I said quite plainly:
> > we lack a cohesive sense of basic needs/goals and we have entirely
> > unproductive group processes.  Hence we need to focus on fixing both sets
> > of deficiencies.
>
>So you have nothing to contribute to the topic.

You intended to limit my response to the matter of posting limits?  You
should have said so.  It is very difficult to elicit a specific response
when you ask very general questions.

As to the specific topic of managing a posting limit, what part of:

>Alejandro simply noted that posting control mechanisms usually have
>multiple people in the process, both to ensure the decision is shared and
>to cover absences of any one of the controllers.

did you not understand?

>  Right. Maybe these are the
>mails we want to limit? Those that tell that there are so many other
>problems but do not address the subject.

Or we might consider limiting postings that are personally abusive.  You
probably would not like that very much.  Better still would be to limit
postings that are nothing but game-playing baiting.

d/