[ncdnhc-discuss] Membership eligibility for chapters

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Nov 27 06:52:24 CET 2001

Hi!

lest silence be misinterpreted, I disagree with singling out Dave Crocker
as "having done the NCDNHC a great disservice". Some may find his style
brash, some may choose to dislike his posting frequency on occasion, some
may want him to do something or stop doing something else, but this may
also be a form of denial in the face of sometimes well-needed critical
thought.

We've been through enough that we can realize that critical voices are
heard the least among those who think their own voices are *the* critical
voices. Let's avoid that possible pitfall and turn to substance. Let's
look to fulfill the charter by serving *all* possible non-commercial
organizations, and not a part of their spectrum. Focus is important, an
excessive narrowing of the agenda not.

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8713, 5622-8633 Fax 5550-8405
NOTE NEW AREA CODE / POR FAVOR NOTE LOS NUEVOS NUMEROS DE L.D.
http://www.cuaed.unam.mx Coordinacion de Universidad Abierta y Educacion a
Distancia, UNAM (Open and Distance Education, UNAM)
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org