[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Sat Nov 24 19:53:30 CET 2001

On the Next Generation Internet, these debates are not needed.
The .EDU Community (or constituency) people know who they are. Hint: mueller at syr.edu
The .ORG Community (or constituency) people know who they are. Hint: touton at icann.org
The .COM Community (or constituency) people know who they are. Hint: kent at songbird.com

While your Proof-of-Concept structures are interesting, they do not scale.
Also, as you can see, for some reason, people try to game the system to
match up with their financial goals. When that occurs, then people can go
make their own TLD, such as ICANN and then you have:

Mueller at ncc.icann
touton at ncc.icann
kent at ncc.icann

....which better reflects the state of affairs.

http://www.icannfacts.org/about.html
Kent Crispin..."Additionally, I own Songbird, a consulting and web support company. ICANN is a client."

It all boils down to fairness.
Which list do you think is more fair ?
The "toy" IPv4 Internet Early Experimentation Allocations ?
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
or
The Proof-of-Concept IPv8 Allocations ?
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
Why would people pay for Address Space, when it is FREE ?

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
http://www.in-addr.info
3:219 INFO