[ncdnhc-discuss] Nomination to NC Structure TaskForce

Jonathan Weinberg weinberg at mail.msen.com
Wed Nov 21 16:19:18 CET 2001

Alejandro --

	I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.  After Milton nominated Chun
for the NC Structure Task Force, there followed half-a-dozen posts in
which Dave Crocker suggested that Milton, in making this nomination, was
overstepping his role as an AdCom member, and he and Kathy Kleiman
exchanged messages on the proper role of the AdCom.  You participated in
this debate, stating in one of your own messages, "I beg to differ with
Kathy's memory; the AdCom is conceived much less for representation and
more for management of internal affairs."  In these exchanges, there was
little discussion of whether Chun would actually be a good representative.
As a result, in my own message Sunday, I tried to explain that I was *not*
going to participate in the Crocker-Kleiman-Pisanty debate over the role
of the AdCom.  Instead, the point of my post was to return to the key
question before this body, a question that had (at the time I posted my
message Sunday) been addressed only by you and Milton: whether Chun would
be a good representative to the Structure TF.

	I hope that makes my views clear.  I confess that I am distressed
that, after misreading my post, you posted a message so cavalierly
insulting as the one below.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
co-chair, Working Group C
Professor of Law, Wayne State University
weinberg at msen.com