[ncdnhc-discuss] "...moving .US to the ICANN .BIZ name servers only screws things up..."

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Tue Nov 20 01:02:45 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Higgs" <simon at higgs.com>

> You're right. But ICANN has already done this. The conflict already exists.
> The collider is .BIZ and it was introduced by ICANN a few months ago. In
> addition, moving .US to the ICANN .BIZ name servers only screws things up
> worse. Even ICANN's Karl Auerbach has already noticed the cache pollution
> problems. If you use a name server within .US, your cache will eventually
> be polluted. I say let it break, but folks in the ORSC think they can stop
> the NS pollution at least within ORSC, which just lets ICANN's
> uncooperative behavior continue to go unnoticed by the masses.

ICANN does not know what they are doing, when it comes to the DNS.
ICANN selected companies with little or no DNS experience.
Fortunately, it is all just a Proof-of-Concept, a test, an experiment.

The 2002 IPv8 .BIZ Registries will likely emerge from these experiments.
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Registry1
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Registry2

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com