[ncdnhc-discuss] shady preregistrations , SCAM ??? (HELP)

Brett Spears zbone72 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 20:32:44 CET 2001

PLEEASE HELP....
If anyone could give me an opinion please reply.
I feel Im being scammed. Should I report to FTC ??
I did some research on the following sites and
gathered this information.

The following preregistration sites are all operated
by a company called Infinetways/InternetHosting now
answering the phone as "Support Services".

http://takemyname.com
http://dotbizlottery.com
http://greatdomainrace.com
http://preregisterfree.com
http://preregisteryourdomains.com

They are all managed by:
It took awhile because they are trying to hide this
but these companies all go to the same place!

Marlo Newman
Internethosting/Infinetways
1683 W Grant Suite 101
Tucson, AZ 85745
Phone: 770-1400

At first glance making themselves look like totally
different entities. They claim to be using proprietary
software to submit these registrations. A friend at
OpenSRS tells me that they are all using a reseller
account for internetregistration.com which is another
registration entity owned by this company. She also
says that there is no proprietary software, they are
submitting names like everyone else through the
reseller interface. All purchases from these sites are
always being processed by one of two ECHO credit card
processing accounts and print on the statement billed
from Internethosting/Infinetways.

I also did some research into some spams I received
from them and it looks like they create dummy
marketing sites, set them up with an affiliate company
and then send bulk emails through these dummy sites.
Probably so the site spammed for wont get shut down
just the disposable dummy marketing site. When one
goes down another is put up. They are sometimes on
different IP's and networks but all owned by the same
company. It looks like they are trying to hide the
fact that they are the ones really spamming. All the
fake marketing sites WHOIS info usually uses the same
nameservers too but the owners look fake.
However, my friend told me that all the domains were
purchased through the same reseller account
(internetregistration) which is owned by
Internethosting.

I also searched the web and found SPAMS for other web
companieslike:dishnetwork4free.com,
digitalsatellitefree.com,starbanddirect.com,
scootercraze.com and mortgagecontests.com
all owned by the same company and spammed from the
same networks using dummy marketing sites!!

I fear that these guys setting up these sites and
pretending to compete with each other to generate more
revenue. They're also a huge spam operation. Im not
the only one who "Preregistered" with these guys.
Is this legal, are we being deceived ?? ripped off ??

Thank You
Blake Willams
zbone72 at yahoo.com