[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: guidance on .org

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 20 09:31:29 CET 2001

Dear Milton,
we need it unrestricted and to work though the market approach with the TLD
Manager to protect its oriented nature. Touton's position is irrealistic:
he only considers TLDs as contracts: they could be numbers as far as he is
concerned. Users consider them as flags, make a difference on the string
and do not care/know about Touton. Since at the end of the day the user
pays the TLD Manager and Touton only tries to beg some money from both,
just accept what Touton wants and let the future forget about it.

When you want to identify your priorities, just think that TLDs were here
before the ICANN and will still be here after the ICANN.
Jefsey

PS. However we can question ourselves why Touton did not participate to the
TF and made so much time lost by so many people. Also, could someone tell
me where the DNSO voted an approval to the unrestricted/sponsored only
nature of a TLD.