[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: I would like an application to become a member [EXPIRED TRIAL LICENCE]

Dr. Daniel Carras akadhmia at deltard.org
Fri Dec 28 11:13:02 CET 2001

get-ncdnhc-application at icann-ncc.org wrote:

> APPLICATION AND INFORMATION FORM FOR PARTICIPATION IN NON-COMMERCIAL
> DOMAIN NAME HOLDERS CONSTITUENCY
> Draft June 30, 1999
>
> BACKGROUND:
>
> The Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency has a special place in
> the DNSO. The NCDNHC is intended to be independent of commercial
> interests.  Its members will be those organizations whose uses and
> applications of the Internet are primarily non-commercial. Its purpose is
> to support non-commercial speech and activity on the Internet, to protect
> the rights of non-commercial domain name holders, and to forge together
> the interests of non-commercial domain name holders. NCDNHC must provide
> the voice and representation for organizations that serve non-commercial
> interests and provide services such as community organizing, promotion of
> the arts, children's welfare, religion, education, scientific research,
> human rights and the advancement of the Internet as a global
> communications system available to all segments of society. The interests
> of such organizations are not necessarily represented by the other
> constituencies of the DNSO and deserve to be represented in the NCDNHC.
>
> SIGN UP PROCEDURE:
>
> The NCDNHC represents a large and heterogenous group of organizations,
> many of whom are not yet aware of the ICANN, its processes, and their
> impact. It is crucial to the success of the constituency that it be
> operated in an open manner which will encourage new organizations meeting
> the membership criteria to join and participate.
>
> It is also important that those within the constituency have the
> opportunity to learn about a member, any possible conflicts the member
> might have, and the position and title of the person designated to
> represent the member.
>
> Please provide the following information in order to participate in the
> Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency of the Domain Name
> Supporting Organization of ICANN.
>

> A. Basic Information for Organization
>

>  1. What is the name of your Organization? (Delta R&D, Inc. )
>
>  2. Is the Organization a member of any other constituency in the
> Domain Name Supporting Organization of ICANN? (No)
>
>  3. What is the major domain name of the Organization? (deltard.org)
>
>  4. Does the Organization have a website and if so, would you provide
> the URL? (http://deltard.org)
>
> B. Contact information for Representative of Organization
>

>  1. What is your name and title with the Organization?

(Dr. Daniel Carras, President/Scientist)

>  2. How can other representatives reach you? (email, telephone, fax
> appreciated)

emailto:drdan at deltard.org (prefered),  Toll Free # 1-866-940-1441
(No fax! we are moving all faxes to email)

>  3. How is it that you have come to represent the Organization in this
> Constituency? (Please furnish appropriate indication that the Organization
> has authorized your participation, for example, vote of membership, vote
> of directors, action by officer(s) or consensus of members.)

I developed it. Delta R&D, Inc. is literally a philosophy and my Ph.D. thesis
incorporated.

>  4. Are there other representatives from your Organization who will be
> participating in this Constituency? Is so, who is authorized to vote on
> behalf of the Organization?

Not currently!

> C. Purpose of Organization:
>

>  1. What are the Organization's primary activities?

This is far to complex to answer here, but all information is published to the website;
http://deltard.org so that anyone who wishes can follow the development of this new
philosophy.

Please see the website http://deltard.org

>  3. Please furnish a statement of how the Organization's purposes and
> activities conform to the NCDNHC Constituency's goals and membership
> requirements. This should be a narrative statement which specifically
> describes the Organization's purposes and activities and may include
> references to charter or by-law provisions.

Delta R&D, Inc. is my theoretical work based in Quantum Physics, built on the book,
"The Cosmic Code: Quantum Physics as the Language of Nature", written by Heinz R. Pagels
and published by Simon & Schuster. As such, the nature of Delta R&D, Inc. is as dynamic,
because it is the theory and my thesis.

-- The Theory (in brief)

Objective philosophy requires that it stand independent of all authority and not be
subject (the definition of subjective) to any sanctioning body - although it can be
associated with, or have an association with. Thus, any such theory must completely
rebuild the academic structure within the realm of objective philosophy, then this can be
applied to the scientific structure matching the fundamental nature of philosophy
(objective philosophy) with the fundamental nature of quantum physic (objective science).
Consequently, I have found that this requires both an economic and
political structure as well. As such, the dynamics of the theory required that aspects of
the theory be divided into different divisions or institutes, (see website for details).
Further, we (because of our independence) don't solicit any funds from the
government, all funds are privately generated. However, we found that we did not fit any
of the funding models provided by private foundations, so we turned to economics and
finance, found that we could adapt the principles of profit (economics and finance) into
an academic theory and then used to fund the research. As such, our philosophy is anything
but commercial, but it is supported by commercial means, which I have found to be the best
model for sustaining non-profit services. To see the proof of this please see the National
& International Programs under the Democracy Institute
(http://democracy-institute.org) and remember that it is an aspect of (http://deltard.org)

.

> D. Type of Organization:
>  Please furnish information regarding your Organization's
> legal status -- is it incorporated (if so, in what jurisdiction) or
> unincorporated? If incorporated, doe it have a not-for-profit or
> non-commercial status?

We are incorporated and listed as a commercial company, but we fit neither category.

> E. Size of Organization:
>
>  The NCDNHC will have two subgroups: one for Large and the other for Small
> Organizations. Please indicate the category of membership or employee
> size. If the Organization has both members and employees, please answer
> both questions.
>
>  1. Are you a membership organization? If so, does the Organization have
> under or over 1000 members? What type of individuals or entities are
> members of your Organization?

No!

>  2. If you are a non-member organization, do you have under or over 200
> employees?

Under 200 employees

> F. Conflict of Interest
>
> Note: Conflict of Interest may or may not be a bar to joining the NCDNHC.
> The hope is that by circulating information about our views, backgrounds,
> and possible conflicts of interests, others in the NCDNHC will have a
> better idea how to interpret and weigh the ideas that we put forward.
>
>  1. For the Organization:
>
>  Please furnish a brief statement concerning any possible conflict between
> the goals of the Constituency and the Organization's purposes, functions
> or activities.

Any conflicts of interest between the two would exist in philosophy, because Delta R&D,
Inc. is a non-traditional organization, not fitting in either the commercial model or the
non-commercial model.

>  Has the Organization been involved in Internet governance before?  Does
> it have any developed positions that you would like others to know about?
> If so, please describe below or provide a URL.

No

>  2. For the Representative:
>
>  As individuals, many of us have been involved in Internet governance
> before. If you have any positions on Internet governance that you would
> like others to read about (taken on behalf of this Organization or others
> or as an individual), please feel free to tell us about them or drop a URL
> below.
>
> G. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Yes! Just as in any open society, diversity is important, and I (Delta R&D, Inc.) provide
a diversity that currently is unrepresented in this constituency. So if, "Other members
could challenge your membership application", and succeeds in a rejection of the
application, then this would constitute a rejection of your mission statement on the
website; "Please join us, please get involved  in protecting the speech and activities we
value on the Internet!" Simply because I am different!

--
Thank You
Dr. Daniel Carras
mailto:info at deltard.org
"Philosophy Incorporated: Our Product Is Thought"