[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewer At-Large di rectors

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Aug 31 08:54:01 CEST 2001

>At 03:02 AM 8/29/2001, Adam Peake wrote:
>>Note, I am in favor of the nine/nine division, I voted as such in
>>Yokohama, I just
>
>Adam,
>
>Why do you want a single constituency to be able to capture control of the
>board?

Dave,

The 9/9 arrangement was the consensus that emerged after much careful
discussion among many parties over the summer and autumn of 1998.
ICANN was founded on that consensus and some related promises to the
US Government. I like the consensus model, I think it's a good thing
to strive for and once achieved it should not just be dumped: the 9/9
arrangement should be tried and given the opportunity to work.

Why do you believe the At Large is a single constituency and is open
to capture?
Who would capture?
How would they capture?
and then how would the control the board?

Thanks,

Adam