[ncdnhc-discuss] In Support of an NCSO

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Fri Aug 31 07:13:09 CEST 2001

Hi!

it would be impolite and improper to let Danny Younger's note go
unnoticed; he is always in activity to back his ideas with action and
tires not.

Danny, I think that we should either let the time come or press for a
continuation of the DNSO Review process instead of preempting it. I
disagree with your characterization that the review list was closed for
being dangerous.

Impulsive, heart-warming initiatives like walking out (unprepared!) are a
lot easier and a lot more useless than some serious reflection and
restructuring of our own. Dany Vandromme has said it clearly enough.

What can be said of a proposal to have the non-commercial SO institute a
small-business constituency? That it is generous, that it considers that
SME's have serious troubles, yes. That it understands what non-commercial
means? No, for sure.

Let's get back to the items that can still - possibly - bear some fruit
before Montevideo ie in a few days:

1. the ALSC draft report.
2. .org.

And maybe one  more...

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org