[ncdnhc-discuss] draft resolution on Intellectual Property and Top-Level Domains

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 23 13:20:01 CEST 2001

Dear Derek,
the questions you rise are appropriate. Two comments:

- there is a long standing documented tradition on the way
   to address them in a IANA way as RT/BP show it. This
   list does not accept attachement but I can send them
   to you.

- the problem will not fade away. Delays an d confusion in
   addressing it will only complexity it as far as the ICANN
   is concerned if the he ICANN wants to keep a major role
   in roots. If the ICANN only wants to rule its root and from
   time to time encounter boarder problems statu-quo is OK.
   But it is to be expacted that in 2003 there will be more
   non-ICANN SLDs than ICANN ones.

Jefsey