[ncdnhc-discuss] draft resolution on Intellectual Property and Top-Level Domains

Anupam Chander achander at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 22 22:37:45 CEST 2001

Thanks to Chris for some thought-provoking resolutions.

I write to note my disagreement with the part of the resolution on IP and
TLDs that suggests that ICANN should approve all new technically-acceptable
TLD applications.  That proposal is, in my opinion, terribly misguided.  The
last thing that the non-commercial constituency should do is seek to help
corporations with their attempts to gain (for free) valuable charters to
domain name space.  If anything, we should support the efforts of
not-for-profit entities to gain new TLDs.

Best,
Anupam Chander