[ncdnhc-discuss] Non-Commercial Supporting Organization

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 17 16:50:19 CEST 2001

Bravo!

Dear YJ,
could it be thinkable that the NCSO goes by "Dedicated Interest Groups"
(you know how much the multiple meaning word "constituency" is a
problem for many with English, American, Napoleonic, and probably
many other cultural legal meanings) of different categories including
the IU (Internet Users) and the IDNH (indivicual Domain Holders)?

You saw that I got a support from Peter de Blanc to gave the ccTLD
a proposition to every Registrant. If I got your support we could simplify
this a lot: there could be :

- a Dedicated Interest Group in the NCSO for the Individual Domain
   Name Holders non-profit associations. The first one being the IDNO.
   But others could be accepted. There is a few and some are under
   consideration in Europe.

- a Dedicated Interest Group for Consumer Organizations. I am right
   taking advantage from my candidacy to the BoD to work on that
   subject. This would provide the NCSO a real international support,
   a lot of press coverage once it gets organized and a real opening
   on cultures and local demands.  It would probably also help on the
   financial aspects.

Thank you for your comments. The only thing is that we all are short
on personal resources and money and we have better to coordinate
not to waste our few possibilibties :-)
All the best.
Jefsey

PS. For you information, I think that a new working method should be
suggest to the Board. On every topic the comment of every SO should
be required - even if the responce is none. Every one is affected by
Protocols, by IP addressing, by DNS mangement, by Commercial
and Non Commercial issues. This would permit to have a ccSO and
a BCSO to develop while resticting the DNSO to its initial purpose
(before Dennis Jennings proposition).  It could lead to cross-SO WGs
and a normal work being developped.

Also, the ccTLD should be you allies in this endeavor as it would be
much easier to have one large revolution than two smallers.