[ncdnhc-discuss] re-revised resolution on At-Large seats

Chris Chiu CCHIU at aclu.org
Wed Aug 22 23:03:48 CEST 2001

And "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" wrote:

> > I propose amending it to remain 50% of non-ex-officio, so
> it works for
> > whatever restructuring may happen.

Thanks for your comments. I accept your amendment. See revised resolution
[the deleted language is in brackets].

Sincerely,
Christopher Chiu
Global Internet Liberty Campaign Organizer
American Civil Liberties Union

Non-Commercial Constituency Resolution
on At-Large Study Committee proposals
Montevideo- September 7, 2001

Whereas:
The existence of nine publicly elected At-Large Directors on the Board of
the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is a
fundamental element of ICANN's structural balance, and a valuable avenue for
input from a wide range of stakeholders in ICANN's decisions; and

Various proposals being considered by the ICANN At-Large Study Committee may
alter or even eliminate the guarantee of nine At-Large Directors and ICANN
public elections,

Resolved,
ICANN should [set aside at least 9 publicly elected At-Large seats on its
19-member Board of Directors] ensure that at least 50% of its Board seats
are publicly elected, non-ex-officio.