[Ncuc-ap] Open ICANN positions: NomCom update

Mili milisemlani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:29:59 CET 2020

Hi NCUCers,

here is a next short update on NomCom 2020. So far we have 47 applications distributed over all regions of the world. However, it would be good to have more applicants from Latin America and Africa. As expected, the majority of applicants want to go for the ICANN Board. But it would be good to have more candidates in particular for the two ALAC positions (Europe & North America) where we have at the moment only a very small number of candidates.

The positions we have to fill are:
* Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors
* One member of the PTI Board of Directors
* Two regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee ( ALAC) – one from the European region and one from the North American region
* One member of the Generic Names Supporting Organization ( GNSO) Council
* One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization ( ccNSO) Council

It would be helpful if you could continue with outreach in your region and your networks to get the best candidates. As you know, ICANN is as good as the people who take leadership positions. Dateline for applications is February, 18, 2020

Best wishes

Mili Semlani
NCUC EC for APAC