[Ncuc-af] Questions for webinar for Members with English as second language

Dorothy Gi dkgxdgx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:57:42 CEST 2020

Good initiative,  the seminar should also propose (if non-first language
English speakers agree) that people who have ENG as a first language can be
on standby to support those who are drafting more complex pieces.  For
short pieces I do not think that people worry too much about grammar etc.
and now we have lots of translation engines which help.  This is how come I
sometimes post messages in Russian to one list.  When I want to post in
Arabic  I use a native speaker to check the translation. I know it is not
perfect but I also know that they know I am not a Russian or Arabic
speaker. The main thing is not to let language inhibit your communication.
Also let me point out that while English is my main language for
communication like most Africans it is not my first language and for many
of us English is our third, fourth or even fifth language. So do not be shy!

best regards
Dorothy K. Gordon