[Ncuc-af] Topics and Presenters for NCUC Africa Regional Webinar

hfaiedh ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 10:06:26 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

Thank you very much for your valuable input. Here s what we all suggested
and now we need to choose one topic for our first webinar. Some suggested
that we focus on one topic so that we manage to discuss most of its
aspects, I personally agree with this and am interested on Access and
Education as it is a hot topic now and involves many layers like
affordability suggested by Onica.

Hence, please share your thoughts:

1.Do you agree to have ONLY ONE topic per webinar.

2. If ONE OR MORE, please state the topics you chose from the list below.

3. I do believe that we need to also have a short intro at the beginning on
NCUC membership and getting started (10 min). Yes/No

4.  60 min: Yes/ No (suggestion)

NB: The date of the webinar will be coordinated with Maryam cced here.

   1.

   Outreach
   2.
      1.

      NCUC membership and getting started
      2.

      Africa participation in DNS policy
      3.

      Outreach experience in Joburg and expectations
      3.

   Internet rights
   4.
      1.

      Access and education
      2.

      Privacy
      3.

      Human Rights
      4.
         1.

         Social Media monitoring by government agencies or their agents
         5.

   Geonames (Can go with theme 7)
   6.

   GDPR and its implication for Africa : Way ahead for a similar framework
   for Africa.
   7.

   DNS industry in Africa
   8. GNSO Council responsibility from an African Perspective.8i88