[Ncuc-af] Facebook & Instagram help put African tourism on the social media map

Dorothy Gi dkgxdgx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:45:09 CEST 2017

I am not sure why you found this interesting.  It seems to be the normal FB
'commercial' marketing strategy to lure more Africans to the platform as
usage declines in more mature markets. Most operators in the tourist
industry have already found that  tech costs are higher these days but
unavoidable.  They cannot avoid using the major international platforms e.g
booking.com, expedia etc.  if they want to do business and so they have to
release a percentage of their payments without necessarily increasing
traffic. Other platforms e.g. Uber and AirBNB are also taking their toll on
local business owners.  We need to analyse carefully before we accept
certain statements put out by companies and always be aware of the winners
and the losers.
best

Dorothy K. Gordon
+233 244 311348