[Membership-affairs] A welcome message

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:16:45 CET 2015

Hi

Thanks Walid for getting us started.  As I mentioned earlier today on the EC list, as we now have 20 subscribers to the Membership Affairs Team (MAT) list, including all of the EC, it’s time to reinstate MAT on http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/ <http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/> with a subscription link, and when that’s ready advertise it on ncuc-discuss.  Hopefully other members will then be spurred to join in.

I think it would make sense if we could devote 30 minutes of our Tuesday 10 February Constituency Day meeting in Singapore to intra-organizational affairs.  After introducing the new EC, I’d suggest the major focus be on discussing the MAT, member engagement, and the sorts of ideas João has suggested on the EC list (which he’ll hopefully now forward to this one).  It’d be sensible to try to push the MAT discussion along a bit to ‘prime the pump’ and then come into Singapore with some concrete options/suggestions for activities in which participation can be solicited.  We’ll need in parallel to publicize the main parameters of this on ncuc-discuss, so that members who’ve not signed up to MAT are aware and hopefully more enticed to join remotely.

Best

Bill