[NCUC Inreach] (Action Required) NCUC InReach Committee Meeting

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Mar 26 08:14:16 CET 2013

Hi Ed

Thanks for the boot up.

On Mar 25, 2013, at 2:20 AM, Edward Morris <edward.morris at ALUMNI.USC.EDU> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>

> Welcome to the initial organizational communiqué of the N.C.U.C. InReach Committee. I want to thank you for volunteering to serve on the Committee and hope that this is the start of a very fruitful and productive venture.
>
> The initial focus of this years N.C.U.C. Executive Committee has been on developing our electronic platform and trying to regularize certain basic organizational constructs that were missing when we assumed office. Getting these things done was essential before we could begin our InReach efforts.There has been some success. We finally have an updated membership roster. We now have a procedure, albeit one still in development, to admit members to the N.C.U.C.

People apply to join the NCSG and at that time can indicate a preference to be added to NCUC.  We've not done any additional vetting, assuming that our reps on the NCSG EC (Rafik and Milton) have read and approved.  The only thing we need to routinize there is the transmission of info to the NCUC on each intake of the names, which then needed to be added to the roster and listserv and receive some sort of welcome message saying here's NCUC and the opportunities to participate, let us know if help is need.  The latter step should be the Inreach team.

> New listservs have been developed and implemented; more are on the way. A prototype for a new web design was completed this weekend and awaits further action.

> We’re not there yet, but slowly we have been creating a basic infrastructure upon which the Constituency can develop and grow. With ICANN 46 in Beijing a few weeks away it’s time to start to talk about, plan, and implement our InReach efforts for the coming year.
>
> I’d like to get everyone together on a conference call in about a week or so to begin our campaign. Please go to the Doodle scheduler here:
>

> http://doodle.com/wsrd66f7na2c3bku
>

> and indicate your availability to participate in a conference call on the dates and times indicated.  I recognize that it is a holiday weekend in much, but not all, of the world and have done my best to provide as many scheduling options (40 possibilities) as possible. Note that time is initially set to GMT (London) but is adaptable online. Selecting “yes” indicates your clear availability, “(yes)” indicates you can make it if at that time if  absolutely necessary and “no” lets me know you can not attend at that time.

done

> We will be using either Skype or Google Hangout for the call. Please let me know if you have a preference for either option, or would like to suggest a third,  by indicating same in the “Comments” section of the Doodle form. I’d ask that you complete the Doodle form no later than 23:59 GMT Wednesday 27 March. I will send everyone an e-mail with the selected time and date no later than Thursday morning.
>
> Please allow an hour for the session, although I anticipate the actual call will take less time. I’ve noticed that our other Committee meetings have initially had some technical problems and I don’t want to exclude anybody while we work things out.
>
> Thanks again for volunteering your time and effort. I look forward to meeting everyone on the call and working with you throughout the year.

Thanks for organizing.

Bill