[Membership-affairs] Fwd: [EC-NCSG] 20 new NCSG members have been approved

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Jun 25 15:53:24 CEST 2013

Hi

Thanks Rafik.  Ok, if we're going to follow the process discussed the other day, then

> .  The Membership Affairs Coordinator forwards the list to this team for info,

Done

> and the NCUC chair forwards the list to the NCUC EC for approval

Actually, looking at our rather dated bylaws, it appears that the process is simpler,

Membership shall become complete upon notification of acceptance by the Constituency Chair, or the Secretary-Treasurer acting with the consent of the Chair.

As I trust the judgement of our reps on the NCSG EC who investigated the applications, I'm prepared to say ok to all but those who indicated a preference for NPOC (I'm not sure what that actually means, since NPOC doesn't have individual members, so probably these folks float in the category of SG member but not constituency member for now.

> and asks the members who manage the listserv and website to add them.

Tapani and Wilson could you please add the folks below who are did not indicate NPOC to the list and website and update the membership stats accordingly?

> 3. The Membership Affairs Coordinator sends a standard welcome message to the newbies.  Would be good if this team could decide what info should be conveyed and draft the letter.

Well, upon re-look it does say in the bylaws that the chair notifies, so I will send them a note.

Cheers,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
> Subject: Fwd: [EC-NCSG] 20 new NCSG members have been approved
> Date: June 25, 2013 3:11:12 AM GMT+02:00
> To: William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> that is the last batch of approved members joining ncsg and want to join ncuc:
>

> Individuals:
> Lyndel McDonald, jamaica, lyndelmcdonald at gmail.com
> Christopher Parsons, canada, christopher at christopher-parsons.com
> Patrick Lenihan, usa, tiburonsgoldwing at aol.com
> Kinfemicheal Yilma Desta, ethiopia, kf_yilma75 at yahoo.com
> Krishna Seeburn, mauritius, seeburn.k at gmail.com (he put npoc as choice, need to check)
> Thierry SANZHIE BOKALLY,senegal, sanzhiet at gmail.com (he put npoc as choice, need to check)
> Dhouha Bayarassou, tunisia, dh.bayarassou at gmail.com
> Senghor Patricia, france, Patricia.senghor at gmail.com
> Kate Smith-Lawrence,uk, katevsl at msn.com
> Walid Al-Saqaf, yemen/sweden, wsaqaf at gmail.com
> Maria Strati, cyprus, mastrati at hotmail.com
> Francis Augusto Medeiros, norway, register at francisaugusto.com (he put npoc as choice, need to check)
> Ari Saarenmaa, finland, avtsaa at hotmail.com
> James Njoroge Gitau, kenya, kaswesha at gmail.com
> Jason Gerson, usa, jason.gerson at gmail.com
> Miikka Saukko, finalnd, otter+ncsg at iki.fi
>
> Organizations:
>
> UUM InterNetWorks Research Laboratory
> Rep: Suhaidi Hassan suhaidi at uum.edu.my
> http://www.internetworks.my/
>

> The Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities
> Rep: Tommi Karttaavi tommi.karttaavi at kuntaliitto.fi
> http://www.localfinland.fi/
>

> Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
> Rep: Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com