[NCUC Finance] ICANN FY14 Budget Process: Presentation Materials from Call #2

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Mon Jan 21 22:47:55 CET 2013

I made similar points to Milton in a hallway conversation about an hour ago.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Maria Farrell <maria.farrell at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think we should simultaneously use the system we have

I agree, for the reasons Bill specified

> and advocate against it,

I agree with this too, for the reasons MM specified. But...

IMO, the only way we will win a change in the model is if NCUC demonstrates
how a constituency be as, or more, transparent and accountable (and perhaps
consistent with ICANN overall strategy) in allocation.  Which raises a
question - does NCUC really want to develop and administer internal request
applications, evaluation criteria, etc. -all the steps required?  (to be
clear, if anyone can, NCUC can. its just a lot of admin)

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org