[NCUC Finance] Hosting the NCUC E-Platform

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Feb 21 09:05:59 CET 2013

Hi

On Feb 21, 2013, at 5:48 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> So I guess it boils down to how much people's time is worth, how
> small amounts merit a separate decision in the EC, how much time
> the sysadmins need to spend to monitor the machine and adjust
> it as needed, &c.
>
> One possibly money-saving alternative would be for the EC to authorize
> expenditure of up to a certain amount, like that $400, but
> recommending that it be used cautiously, buying more power bit by bit
> as the need arises.

If we're talking about savings $100-$150 a year but that would involve much more effort on the part of already busy volunteers, my vote is to respect peoples' time and spend the extra bit of money.  Viewed in relation to other expenditures in our budget, this doesn't seem unreasonable.  Of course, fully document etc.

BD