[NCUC E-team] Database Error

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Jun 5 11:47:52 CEST 2015

On Jun 05 09:36, Maryam Bakoshi (maryam.bakoshi at icann.org) wrote:

> I tried to delete a row from the NCUC database, but it was throwing
> up the errors below.

In general you should not just delete rows from "ncucers" table.
If you want to remove a member, change the "state" field
value to 3 ("removed").

That will make them invisible in the web, member lists,
voter lista, member counts &c - in effect, remove them
from the set of members, which I presume you intended to do.

Actually removing the data requires taking care of various data
dependencies, as you discovered, and it should happen automatically
later (delay there is intentional, to provide easy "undo" in case
someone is accidentally removed).