[NCUC E-team] Suggestion for website update

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Aug 21 16:06:03 CEST 2015

Hi

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 08:10:38AM -0400, Brenden Kuerbis (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:
>
>> One problem with the existing site - we don't take advantage even when
>> people provide great content. E.g., the "Members Blog" is not a blog,
>> rather a static page with links to pdf files. Each article should be an
>> actual blog post, that can be indexed, create a RSS feed, republished, etc.
>
> Yes. There's a lot that could and should be improved in the
> functionality of the site, much more urgently than changing
> the looks.

I guess that’s my view, functionality and content need collective attention more than whether the background is white or blue. If someone thinks the blog isn’t as it should be, why not just fix it?  If the document library is thin, why not find and add docs? And so on…embarking on a redo of the whole site now on top of everything else in the air right now just seems like misplaced priorities to me.  But if this is really something people want to spend time on, nothing gets broken functionally, no content we worked to put up gets lost, Maryam’s in the loop and comfortable with any changes, etc., then hey knock yourselves out and we can show a prototype to people and see if they’re happy.

Cheers

Bill