[NCUC E-team] ncuc1 maintenance

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Fri Sep 26 12:00:03 CEST 2014

Tapani, good point. No, no one to my knowledge has been taking care of any of this.
Please go ahead, and if you  explain me how to for the next time, I would be really grateful.
Thanks!!

Da: e-team-bounces at lists.ncuc.org <e-team-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> per conto di Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info>
Inviato: venerdì 26 settembre 2014 11.58
A: e-team at lists.ncuc.org
Oggetto: [NCUC E-team] ncuc1 maintenance

On Dec 20 11:49, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:

> I won't change any passwords &c, so I'll still be able to access
> the system - good security practice would suggest that you kick me
> out at some point though. ;-)

Looks like you haven't... As I went through my machines due to
the recent bash security issue I decided to check ncuc1 as well.
Is somebody taking care of its security updates? It seems a bit
out of date... and the backup disk has apparently been full since
forever as well, not to mention that I'm still listed as admin
contact for the domain.

Does anybody mind if I patch it now? I would also be happy to
explain someone else what needs to be done if desired.

(A major OS upgrade wouldn't hurt either, latest Long Term Support
version of Ubuntu came out in April, but there's no rush with that,
the current one is still supported until 2017.)