[NCUC E-team] Add Maryam Bakoshi to Lists Please

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:39:44 CEST 2014

Dear e-team

I just got off an hour call with Maryam Bakoshi, our new UK-based, part-time staffer provided by ICANN.  She’s very nice and will be a great help to us.  Maryam used to work at Accenture, and has a MSc in Information Technology from the University of Nottingham, so she can be of assistance in particular with respect to our e-stuff, e.g. mail lists, data base, website, etc.

Could someone with the admin privileges please add maryam.bakoshi at icann.org to 1) the ncuc-discuss list (I assume this can be done without putting her in the members data base), and 2) the e-team list?  Then she can follow any relevant discussions, ask questions as she ramps up as needed, and be a resource for us.  And Maryam, as I said, maybe have a look back through the public archive of this list to take stock of info that’s been shared thus far on our various e-tools issues.

For starters, Joly, I think you’ve been receiving all the requests from people trying to join our mail lists.  Maryam can take that over, checking names against the data base etc.  Going forward, when there are intakes of new members to be added, she can do it. She can also work with us on maintaining the data base, managing the election, forwarding ICANN news announcements to members so Rafik and I don’t have to, etc.

Stefi, I’d suggested that she could look into feeding relevant info from the ICANN website to a designated space on our home page, so there’s current info on an ongoing basis for members etc. who don’t always look at the ICANN site.  We’ll have to work out just how to do this, but you two can put your heads together on the basics.  She knows Word Press.

Thanks, and a big welcome to Maryam!

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer