[NCUC E-team] Elections

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Mon Nov 3 15:23:50 CET 2014

Thanks Tapani for the impromptu refresher course (brief response and
question in line).

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 5:12 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
> wrote:

> On Nov 03 11:03, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > > We could simply flag them here:
> > >
> > > http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/
>
> > hmmm…but then that would show the world how many members are
> > unconfirmed, rather than just showing members.
>
> True.
>
> > Would it be possible to put it on a protected bit of the site and
> > allow members to create a log in and look?
>
> Yes, but it would be considerably more work, and we'd have no means of
> verifying members are who they say they are if we just let them create
> logins for themselves.
>
> > If that’s too much hassle, perhaps we could just tag them on
> > http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ballots/ and have Maryam do a couple
> > email pings?
>
> If she wants to do such in her own way, picking them from the
> database is easy enough, but as there's already a ready
> mechanism for sending verification requests, it'd seem
> easier to use it.

I agree, it would make sense to get in the habit of using the email script
developed for verifying members.

Maryam, Stefani and I have a Skype call scheduled for this Wednesday, Nov 5
at 14:00 UTC. If it is possible for you to join that call, maybe you could
explain to Maryam how to go about running the script?