[NCUC E-team] list for privacy Interest Group

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Thu Mar 27 02:44:50 CET 2014

I already offered to help, was awaiting confirmation
Will do now

Sent from my iPhone

On 26/mar/2014, at 21:32, "William Drake" <wjdrake at gmail.com<mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi

Could someone please help Stephanie with the below?

Thanks,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca<mailto:stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca>>
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN privacy policy
Date: March 27, 2014 at 7:21:20 AM GMT+8
To: William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com<mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com>>

I am not authorized to create a new list (I tried) can you please tell me who is, or help?
Thanks Bill!
Stephanie
On Mar 26, 2014, at 5:48 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com<mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi

It’s great to see the enthusiasm for collaborating on this.  One option is to keep it ad hoc and informal, and if that’s the preference fine. But I’d also note that another would be to establish a standing privacy Interest Group with a mail list etc.  We could of course do the same for other issue-areas…for example, we had several expressions of interest here in Singapore in something on IG4D.  We could create a space on the website, e.g. http://www.ncuc.org/participate/interest-groups with lists of members and links to the mail lists, as per the administrative Working Teams http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/.

We used to have some subject-area Interest Groups before, which were instantiated in social networks on the previous Ning website.  Some were reasonably active, some less so, but either way they allowed members with shared interests to connect and collaborate as desired.  It’d be great if we could reboot this sort of activity and put in place tech platforms to facilitate them.

Bill