[NCUC E-team] [NCUC-Events] Livestream for Friday.

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Mar 21 10:07:09 CET 2014

So, what happened is that ICANN couldn't feed audio into YouTube.So, as a
fallback, I just screencapped the adobe connect video and relayed it to the
YouTube. Quality wasn't bad but the sync is dubious, but the added
advantage that I was able to insert lower third titles. The basic rule of
webcasting is 1) the picture is totally secondary to good audio, and 2)
people like to know who's talking.  ICANN have promised to upload me the
raw HD video overnight, and I will process title and post that as separate
panels etc asap. It is possible to make a brief compilation of soundbites
but that'll take a little time, if there's anything you'd like to suggest
for inclusion I'll be happy to hear it, especially if it comes with
timecodes :)

We had an early anomalous peak of around 75, I guess when we were setting
up and had the audio prob. I think most people went to AC, after which it
settled down to about 10 concurrent. Total view time (as of now 5pm) is 65
hours. But we should pick up some more over the weekend.

[image: Inline image 1]