[NCUC E-team] Ye ole problem of getting new members listed and on board

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:17:21 CET 2014

Hi

I was just looking at our members list at http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/ and realized that somehow we did not manage to get IFLA on there!  This is a big serious NGO and we all said whoopee when they joined NCUC, doesn’t send a good signal that we didn’t get them onto the list (although Stuart, their rep, is on ncuc-discuss).  Could someone please fix this?

Also, Rafik you said the NCSG EC had approved Article 19, which wanted to be in NCUC, and we’ve listed them as a member on the Singapore program.  Could you please send a list of the recently admitted NCSG members that want to be NCUC so I can ask the NCUC EC to approve them and we can get them listed ASAP?

Thanks much

Bill

On Jan 16, 2014, at 9:21 AM, Stuart Hamilton <Stuart.Hamilton at ifla.org> wrote:

> Hi Bill
>
> The ALA’s response seems to have been picked up quite quickly and they were the first NGO mentioned in The Guardian’s piece on Tuesday: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/14/net-neutrality-internet-fcc-verizon-court
>
> My organisation, the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), which counts ALA amongst its members, updated its position on IG in 2013 IFLA and addresses network neutrality in no 2: http://www.ifla.org/node/7515
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stuart
>

> Stuart Hamilton
> Director of Policy and Advocacy
> International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
> P.O. Box 95312
> 2509 CH The Hague
> Netherlands
>
> 00 31 70 314 0884