[NCUC E-team] NCUC Conference Website

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:34:20 CET 2014

Hi

On Jan 23, 2014, at 8:00 AM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:

> As soon as conveniently possible can we establish whether ICANN will be providing a video webcast for March 21 in Singapore, or if we will have to get something going ourselves?

This should be taken care, at least I asked for it and Fadi said sure.  And I chatted with David Olive the other day about the logistics and repeated the request, he didn’t signal a problem.

> I take it for granted they will be providing audio and Adobe Connect. A separate video webcast can be desirable, and also provide a HQ archive.
>
> Another question might be transcription service, expensive as it is.

Not sure we need a transcript, we never did before.  Video’s enough, and I’m already asking them for a lot of unplanned budget with all that entails.

The real, near-term high priority for the ET will be to build the conference website.  This meeting will be higher on more radars than anything before so we have to have something that looks and functions right.

A first question is whether it can be hung off the NCUC site will all necessary bells and whistles, or would we need to do it somewhere else.  Robin put the two prior conferences here http://www.amiando.com/ncucaticann.html and here http://www.amiando.com/NCUC-ICANN45.html.

I’m no webmeister and don’t know what the NCUC site is capable of handling well.  But it will need all the same elements as before—program, bios, links to ICANN-provided remote participation and registration pages, location map, etc.  We would also want video archives, and if either NCUC or other stakeholder groups get it together to provide written inputs for background to particular panels, we’ll want to post these too.  In a perfect world we might even contemplate web chats associated with panel/topics, but probably that’s too much to deal with, and it’d be embarrassing if nobody used it once built.  You never know…

Anyway, I hope you folks can start to think about how to pull this together…

Best,

Bill