[NCUC E-team] SIGs

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Tue Jan 21 02:10:11 CET 2014

Dear all,
A few days back, Joly and I tested out the creation of new chatrooms.  Joly, without any special admin rights, was about to on-the-fly create a new chatroom, which could be set to be either temporary or persistent.  I see this functionality of XMPP being very useful in creating separate communication channels for working groups.

As soon as I have a little bit more breathing space, I'll get started with the installation of the web client.  That ought to make signing in easier for those who don't already use desktop clients like Pidgin/Adium/Jitsi, etc., to access Google Chat and Facebook Chat.

Regards,
Pranesh

Pranesh Prakash <pranesh at cis-india.org> [2014-01-17 05:18:06 -0500]:

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society