[NCUC E-team] OffRep/ind members using one single email address - db doesn't like it

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Sun Jan 26 16:27:32 CET 2014

Dear e-team

in adding new members to the bd/website, I encounter a problem (and found a temporary solution to it). I share it here for future reference.

There appears to be a problem when we try to add a member who intends to use an email address that already exists in the database. This is the case of new individual members who are also the official representative for an organization (and viceversa), and have indicated the same email address twice.

I found a trick to bypass the problem: insert the email address as "alternative email" [email2 in the database] (leaving the "primary email address" field [email in the database] empty). Might not be perfect but it works.

Best, Stefania

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.