[NCUC E-team] SIGs

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Jan 16 14:35:23 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:59 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of relevance for any interested ET folks:
>
> http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2014-January/001050.html
>
> and related threads.

from that msg

The biggest loss in my mind in the transition from the ning was the
deletion of the social networking function that allowed members to
create pages and create/join groups. You’ll note for example the
recent thread on ncuc-discuss about Interest Groups, in which several
African colleagues said they’d like to join an IG on IG4D.  We have no
means now to just create groups for people who want to work together
on issues, and no way for members to say “here’s me.”  I don’t know if
there’s anything that can be done about that, but would like to hear
from folks who are site enabled.  And if the answer is nothing, then
alternatives to consider…

Surely it would not to be hard to kick up a mailman list and a homepage on
the site. SIG admins could get "contributor" rights on the WordPress and
perhaps a category?

Another way might be just to set up p2 wordpresses for the individual
groups.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com