[NCUC E-team] Widget issue

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Thu Feb 27 15:32:43 CET 2014

I've spent a few more hours this morning addressing the events
information and updating navigation on the website. You'll see the
links are sparse, but its all the time I have. This really requires
building a table in the db and using that to dynamically generate
content on those pages (similar to how our member page works).
Unfortunately, I don't think the data for that table can be harvested
from various places (e.g., ICANN, IGF websites) easily.  So I would
suggest also building a member accessible form that individuals
associated with the events (e.g., organizer) can use to enter relevant
data that will then be displayed on the NCUC website in the
appropriate place.

As for losing the global map and intro vid on home page, I think space
should be reserved for what we want to advertise prominently to people
right now. After the Singapore conference we can revert to a global
map or whatever next event is happening.  In the meantime, I revamped
the About pages to include a "What is NCUC?" page with the intro
video. As for member numbers, they're dynamically generated on the
Member page, and if I have time I will look into building a
counter-like widget for the home page, since the global map image
_does not_ update numbers automatically.

Overall, I think the site looks much better.  I may make a few more
tweaks over the next few days, but I don't have too much time with
deadline for Netmundial, etc.

Enjoy PS and don't get a sunburn (as I freeze my arse off in SYR).

-- B